If the idea of adding something uniquely powerful to your class or creating fresh gameplay mechanics sounds a thing of your interest, you are in for a nice ride! In this article, we will be looking at the Engineering profession, right from its role, and how you can go from level 1 to 300 as quickly and efficiently as possible. Without any further ado, let’s begin the Wow Classic Engineering guide.
We feel the Engineering profession is slightly different from various other mainstream professions out there, as this one goes into a bit of detail and touches upon many aspects, including specializations. This Profession can take your effectiveness in Raids and Dungeons to a whole new level! Let’s head to the respective sections now!
An In-depth Wow Classic Engineering Guide:
The Engineering profession has many factors or areas that need to be addressed before heading on the complete 1-300 levelling guide. It’s recommended that you read the below sections carefully, as you never know when something of your interest or help may pop up!
Are There Any Pros Of Choosing The Engineering Profession?
The players who may be new to the world of professions in Wow Classic could be wondering about the pros of opting for Engineering and whether this will even be a good profession or not? We have listed some brief points to answer you, discussing the importance of going down with the Engineering path.
- The battle pets come along with the Engineering profession. Battle Chicken, Dragonling, Arcanite, etc., are some of the battle pets that can prove helpful not only to you as an individual player but even to the group during the time of raids.
- The extra and exclusive hearthstones, including Gadgetzan, Everook, etc., have the power to take you around the world.
- The gadgets like Field Repair Bot 74A also are a great aid that comes with this Profession. This gadget lets you repair the items that you own without having to travel back to the town.
- For battles, explosives like Thorium Grenade and Dense Dynamite can take down whole areas and stun monsters, which is part and parcel of the Engineering profession.
Tools & Trainers For Engineering Profession:
Engineering is a bit different from the other professions in terms of the way to craft engineering items. Follow the below sequence to learn what tools are required and how to use them to prepare an item.
- Gather an anvil
- The required crafting techniques should be present in your bag.
- Just open the spellbook, and look for the right icon, and once on it, select it.
- If you would have followed everything correctly until here, you should be on the Engineering skill.
- Choose a particular recipe to learn the creation steps for it, and to proceed for the same, click on Create.
- That’s it! Now, you have learned to craft the engineering items.
Wait, a min? We completely forgot about the trainers! Without them, you won’t be able to head to training, let alone crafting engineering items. It’s not that hard to come across the Journeyman and Apprentice trainers. They are available in most of the major cities, but yes, the issue with higher-level trainers is that they are not found so quickly, and that’s why we are there to help you with our Wow Classic Engineering Guide!
- Mukdrak is available at Razor Hill, Durotar, close to the north entry point. (52.2, 40.8) – Level Journeyman
- Roxxik is available at Nogg’s machine shop building, Valley of Honor, Orgrimmar. (76, 25) – Level Artisan
- Graham Van is available in Undercity at the Rogue Quarter, which is closer to the Outer Cloister’s Rogue trainers area (75.7, 73.2) – Level Journeyman
- Franklin Lloyd is available in Undercity at the Rogue Quarter, which is closer to the Outer Cloister’s Rogue trainers area (76.8, 74.4) – Level Expert
- Thund is available at Nogg’s machine shop building, Valley of Honor, Orgrimmar. (75.8, 24.6) – Level Journeyman
- Nogg is available at his machine shop building, Valley of Honor, Orgrimmar. (76, 25) – Level Expert
- Deek Fizzlebizz is available at Stonewrought Dam, Loch Modan (western side – 45.8, 13.6) – Level Journeyman
- Jemma Quikswitch is available within the internals of Gadget building of Springspindle’s, Tinker Town, Ironforge (67.8, 44) – Level Journeyman
- Springspindle Frizzlegear is available within the internals of Gadget building of Springspindle’s, Tinker Town, Ironforge (68.6, 44) – Level Artisan
- Sprite Jumpsprocket is available at Dwarven District, Stormwind City (northwest side – 54.6, 8) – Level Journeyman
- Lilliam Sparkspindle is available at Dwarven District, Stormwind City (northwest side – 55, 8.6) – Level Expert
- Trixie Quikswitch is available within the internals of Gadget building of Springspindle’s, Tinker Town, Ironforge (67.8, 43.2) – Level Expert
Fastest Way To Level From 1-300 In Engineering:
This is the most awaited and exclusive part of our Wow Classic Engineering guide, where we will take a look at the most effortless levelling process that you can attain in the shortest time possible. For those who don’t know, level 1-50 represents Apprentice, level 51-125 represents Journeyman, and after 125, you take a jump on to Expert, until level 200. Lastly, from level 200-300, you are officially an Artisan.
Before we head on to the process of each title, let’s take a look in whole at the items or materials that you will need to level up from 1-300, including their quantities.
Note: The materials and each respective quantity may vary slightly from player to player.
- Linen Cloth – 50
- Silver Bar – 5
- Rough Stone – 60
- Weak Flux – 25
- Copper Bar – 66
- Medium Leather – 15
- Bronze Bar -110
- Coarse Stone – 60
- Rune Cloth – 35
- Steel Bar – 4
- Wool Cloth – 60
- Heavy Stone – 30
- Dense Stone – 60
- Solid Stone – 120
- Mithril Bar – 170
- Thorium Bar – 225
- Mage Weave Cloth – 20
Level By Level Engineering Approach:
- Apprentice (Level 1-50)
Start by crafting a minimum of sixty Rough Blasting Powder, followed by thirty Copper Bolts (kept for later use). That’s it! You are now on to Journeyman Engineering!
- Journeyman (Level 50-125)
Take six copper bars and craft just a single arc light spanner. The next step is crucial and requires a blend of many items; thirty linen cloth, thirty copper bars, thirty copper bars (handfuls), sixty rough blasting powder. After this, take on sixty coarse stones to churn out sixty coarse blasting powder. Lastly, craft the following items; coarse dynamite, silver contact, and bronze tub, before heading on to learn Expert Engineering.
- Expert (Level 125-200)
- Artisan (Level 200-300)
Professions To Club With Engineering:
The primary and sole purpose of the Wow Classic Engineering guide is to focus on the core profession aspects. Still, because a secondary option is always better than not having one, we are there to recommend you the best professions that go down well with Engineering.
Firstly, Mining is a profession that we feel you should consider, as, in Engineering, you will require a lot of resources. On the other hand, if you have plans to grow the champion’s capabilities, feel free to opt for Alchemy. Henceforth, you will require at least one alternative character whose primary aim would be to collect ingredients.
Specialization Spices Up The Experience!
Once you reach the stage of character level 30 and Engineering level 200, you become eligible for specialization. You can branch out either in Goblin Engineering or Gnomish Engineering. If you are confused about which one to opt for, let us tell you that it depends totally upon you!
If you are looking for higher consumables, opt for Goblin Engineering, whereas, if your demands are mostly equipment, then opt for Gnomish Engineering. Though, remember, at the end of the day, both come with their share of pros and cons.
Not Satisfied? Change Your Specialization!
We know this may sound a little surprising, but you have the option of switching to the alternative specialty, though that comes with its share of downside. Let’s take a look at the steps that you can undertake to jump between the two specialties.
- The very first step is to unlearn the whole Engineering profession. To do that, head to your skill menu and scroll until you don’t land in the Engineering profession. Now, click on it!
- Locate the red circle with an arrow through it. Just hit that option, and your whole Profession would be now unlearnt.
- Now, head back to our Wow Classic Engineering guide, and follow the steps till level 200.
- Proceed to make land on the Steamwheedle Port, Tanaris.
- Look for Narain Soothfancy, a gnome, which should be present within a hut.
- Inside that very hut, search for a book, which reads, “Soothsaying for Dummies.” Just take the cursor over it, right-click, and you will have the option of switching between specializations, all for free of cost!
1) What’s The Maximum Level You Can Attain In The Engineering Profession?
Ans: As of writing this article, the level cap of the Engineering profession is just like any other profession: Level 300.
2) What Are The Engineering Specializations?
Ans: A player reaching character level 30 and Engineering level 200 can choose either Goblin Engineering and Gnomish Engineering.
3) At What Level Can I Opt For Engineering?
Ans: Once you attain level 5, you are eligible to opt for the Profession of Engineering.
That’s pretty much how you rock and roll with the Engineering profession! We hope you would have liked reading and trying out our exclusive and unique Wow Classic Engineering guide. If you have any doubts or suggestions related to the guide or website in general, feel free to hit us in the comments, or you may also directly contact us for personal assistance.